Serves 4 (2 if pretty hungry!)
I got back from climbing earlier and I just needed something tasty and quick which wouldn’t make me feel like I had undone all the good of exercising. This was it…
250g Green beans
Half a red onion
1/4 jar of partially drained sun-dried tomatoes
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of cannellini beans
2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
1/4 of a lemon
1 clove of garlic
Caper berries in brine
salt and pepper
Optional – corn tortillas
- If you want to add crispy tortillas to this recipe just pop them in the oven on about 200 degrees C to crisp up. Remember to take them out when they are crispy! (takes between 5-10 minutes depending on whether the oven is preheated and how strong it is).
- Chop the red onion finely and take the tops off the green beans. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes coarsely.
- Steam the green beans for a few minutes to your personal preference. I like to keep them with a bit of crunch!
- Drain and wash the chickpeas and Cannellini beans, then pour into a microwaveable bowl. Add the chopped red onion and sun-dried tomatoes (with the oil they come in). Add a crushed clove of garlic. Squeeze in the 1/4 lemon. Mix the paprika through
- Cover the mixture with the spinach. Microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix thoroughly and serve topped with a couple of caper berries and the crispy tortillas 🙂 Enjoy!