Now the sun is out why not try this lovely summery salad. Perfect for eating outside with a glass of wine.
125g soft goat’s cheese
1 yellow courgette (green will work too!)
1 red pepper
1 red onion
1/4 of an ice-berg lettuce
10-20 plum tomatoes
1 chunk of cucumber
2 steamed beetroots
2 tablespoon of caramelised red onion chutney
1 teaspoon of oil
Salt & Pepper
Salad dressing of your choice
- Chop up the courgette, onion and pepper. Place them on a baking tray and mix through the oil. Roast at 180 degrees C for 30-35 minutes.
- Chop up the lettuce and place it into bowls. Also chop the cucumber, tomatoes and beetroots and add them to the bowl.
- Drizzle with your choice of dressing (or just a little olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar).
- Add the roasted vegetables when they’re ready (I like to add them warm).
- Dot the goat’s cheese around the bowl and then add small patches of caramelised onion chutney.