Ok so this is quite a naughty mid-week meal with the cheese and the pasty… and the short cuts I’ve taken to make it super fast and easy, so make up for this by serving it with a lovely green salad 🙂
Light puff pastry
Caramelised Onion Chutney
1 packet of asparagus
125g steamed beetroot
1 red onion
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon oil
1 knob of butter
- Unroll the pastry and turn the edges over to make them slightly higher than the middle.
- Spread a layer of caramelised onion chutney over the pastry.
- Chop the beetroot into little chunks and spread them out on the pastry base.
- Fry the red onion for about 3-5 minutes in a teaspoon of oil until softened. Season to your taste. Spread the onion over the pastry base.
- Cut the Camembert in half, then chop each half into chunks. Place the chunks around the pastry.
- Fry the asparagus in a knob of butter until just cooked. Season to your taste. Then spread over the pastry base.
- Season the tart with some pepper
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 18 minutes or until the pastry is lovely and golden and the cheese has melted.
- Enjoy served with a beautiful green salad.