Tumeric and ginger are SO good for us and they also make this traditional carrot & coriander soup warming and delicious.
4 medium carrots
1 small potato
1 small onion
1 large garlic clove
1/4 bunch of coriander (incl. stalks)
2 inch piece of ginger
2 teaspoons tumeric
1 veggie stock cube
salt & pepper
- Finely chop the onion and ginger then add to a pan on medium heat. Crush the garlic into the pan too and add a little cooking oil. Add the tumeric and a little slat and pepper. Stir well.
- Slice carrots and potatoes into cubes. Finely chop coriander
- When the garlic and onion has softened add the carrots and potatoes to the pan. Also add the coriander stalks. Maybe add a little water to prevent sticking. Stir well and fry for 2 minutes
- Cover the carrot & potato mixture with boiling water and crumble in the stock cube. Mix well.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes adding more water as necessary.
- Make sure veg is all very soft. Then add remaining coriander and blitz with a hand blender.
- Enjoy with toast 🙂